Client based in Paris, Île-de-France region
Comics community platform
Web app Back-End development
About the Client
Flowfo is a mixture of art and passion. The idea came from the founders’ desire to create a platform where creators could share webcomics and graphic novels with an online audience. In turn, viewers could support their favorite artists.
On Flowfo, creators can upload their artwork for free, which is made accessible through a free or paid subscription – and can be sold to digitally or in printed form.
Collaborating with SkillValue
Our client knew just what type of platform he needed, but with no technical knowledge he turned to SkillValue for the recruitment of a freelancer who could bring his idea to fruition – all from scratch. Flowfo’s challenge is not so different than the one many of our startup clients face.
Speedy development of a working application by a qualified freelancer – all on a tight budget.
SkillValue’s CTO Benoît Fillon, worked alongside the client on this project from the beginning to help define the project needs, necessary features, and the right technologies for the launch of the Flowfo web app.
During the first meeting with the client, our CTO made sure to take detailed notes outlining the client’s expectations for a detailed project definition. Then, SkillValue recommended the development of an MVP app (involving minimum viable products). This included a back-office application with only essential functions, to ensure the quick the product was launched on time and within budget constraints.
To spearhead the project, Flowfo needed a freelance Back-End developer to develop the MVP app. The right freelancer needed to be proficient in PHP, Symfony and have experience working directly with a client to consult with him on prioritizing web app features.
After a preselection of freelance applicants, our team compiled a short list of Back-End developer candidates to interview and choose from.
Two weeks later, SkillValue managed to recruit the right freelancer. The candidate was chosen based on his excellent results on technical quizzes and his pedagogic approach to working alongside a client with no technological background.
The freelancer worked to develop the back-office for Flowfo’s web platform in multiple sprints with the help of a Front-End developer. This iterative method, made up of one-week sprints, ensured the delivery of a platform would match our client’s tight deadline.
Both developers worked remotely for 4 months, in regular contact with the client and SkillValue. The functions developed in the back-office allow the client to:
- Manage publications and home pages
- Offer secure payment via Stripe Payments
- Ensure restrictions on the platform’s adult content
The client also took advantage of specialized support throughout the entire project. Our SkillValue CTO performed regular check-ups with the client and the freelancer – to ensure progress on the project
This is what the client would take away from product development:
- Services that are flexible and a team who is mindful of the customer’s specific needs.
- The client was excited to collaborate with a freelancer who could provide the pedagogic approach he needed.
- Fast & efficient recruiting
- In just 2 weeks, SkillValue was able to evaluate the technical skills of the Back-End Development candidates and established pre-selections through a series.
- End-to-end guidance and support
- SkillValue worked alongside the client throughout the entire project – starting with the definition of the MVP app’s structure, consulting on the right technologies to use and followed through with the selection of a qualified freelancer to the monitoring of project progress.