EDIS – Educational Digital Solutions is a Romanian company recently created for the development of education and learning of foreign languages, especially English.
EDIS is the official partner in Romania of ETS Global, the EMEA subsidiary of ETS, the developer and owner of the TOEIC® and TOEFL® tests. ETS is one of the most important global organizations in the field of standardized assessment, promoting quality and equity in education. ETS develops and administer tests for 20 million candidates every year around the world, in more than 150 countries.
Individuals and corporations who want to assess the English level using a known and standardized scale (CEFRL) as part of more complex solutions (recruitment, internal training program, English blended teaching, public training centers) work with EDIS and ETS Global to implement together the most appropriate solutions for their needs in Romania.
We are looking to expand our team with a PHP Developer, a person with a natural passion for technology, with excellent problem-solving skills who is eager to join our agile team of experienced, professional engineers.
Working at EDIS, you have the opportunity to use the latest technologies and influence global e-learning growing market.
- Symfony 3+
- PHP 7
- Angular 4
- MySQL and Mongo
- GIT versioning
- Linux development (environments are based on Linux Containers)
- Micro-services based architecture
- Client side
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop new web applications using both server side and client-side technologies. Based on project needs, we could be using other languages like Python, Node.js, Go, etc.
- Develop new functionalities of our current apps
- Have an open mind towards new technologies and work with project and product management to design and build new projects and features
- Write quality, maintainable code
- Ability to self-teach new technologies
- Practice a good client interfacing
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
- Working experience with PHP or another web server-side language skills. Experience with at least one MVC framework (ideally Symfony) is a big plus.
- Good understanding of MySQL (or other RDBMS), emphasis to optimization and performance; Experience with NoSQL would be a plus.
- Using Linux as main development environment
- Experience with GIT
- Well-balanced between efficiency and perfectionism;
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of English (CEFRL B2)
Nice to have Qualifications/Skills
- Experience with Angular or with another JS framework (React, Vue, etc.);
- Experience with RESTful web services design, development and integration into web applications
- Basic understanding of UX/UI and ability to build products and features for the end-user in order to make their life easier
- Experienced with agile methodologies, embracing agile mindset
Compensations and Benefits:
- Medical coverage
- Meal vouchers
- Technical trainings, attending conferences
- Excelent location, very close to Victoriei Square
- Supportive working climate and open communication style