- Maintain and develop existing PowerShell scripts and processes;
- Evaluate, test and document new versions and patch revisions of Microsoft SQL Server on a variety of hardware and software platforms;
- Provide MS SQL Server technical support and advice for operations, development and project teams;
- Design, develop and document new provisioning and automation systems on premise and GCP cloud.
You will have:
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills;
- Minimum 5 years experience working with SQL server 2008 to 2016 and later versions in a DBA or Engineering role;
- Including T-SQL scripting; fault diagnosis and resolution; in depth knowledge of the optimizer and engine; performance tuning;
- Experience with Windows 2008 / 2012R2 / 2016;
- Knowledge of Active Directory / Kerberos / SPNs;
- C# experience.
Skills / knowledge of / experience with:
- ESX or other virtualization technology,
- SANs / SRDF,
- Web API’s with JSON / XML,
- Experience working on automation projects,
- JIRA and other SDLC tools,
- Monitoring and Auditing Software,
- Enterprise Backup Software TSM / Cohesity / Rubrik,
- Networking technologies,
- TDE and TLS Encryption,
- HP hardware,
- GCP (preferred) / MS Azure / AWS or other Cloud technologies,
- Github or other Source Control systems.
You will be:
An enthusiastic, organised and inovative individual with a keen all round interest in all aspects of technology. You should be a good communicator, able to articulate ideas and concepts to others. The ideal candidate should be able to work individually and within a team structure, willing to learn and able to deal with technology and administrative based tasks.
We have an open view towards previous working experience and welcome applicants from non financial services backgrounds.