EDIS – Educational Digital Solutions is a Romanian company recently created for the development of education and learning of foreign languages, especially English.
EDIS is the official partner in Romania of ETS Global, the EMEA subsidiary of ETS, the developer and owner of the TOEIC® and TOEFL® tests. ETS is one of the most important global organizations in the field of standardized assessment, promoting quality and equity in education. ETS develops and administer tests for 20 million candidates every year around the world, in more than 150 countries.
Individuals and corporations who want to assess the English level using a known and standardized scale (CEFRL) as part of more complex solutions (recruitment, internal training program, English blended teaching, public training centers) work with EDIS and ETS Global to implement together the most appropriate solutions for their needs in Romania.
We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Full Stack Developer, a person with a natural passion for technology, with excellent problem-solving skills who is eager to join our agile team of experienced, professional engineers.
Working at EDIS, you have the opportunity to use the latest technologies and influence global e-learning growing market.
- Symfony 3+
- PHP 7
- Angular 4
- MySQL and Mongo
- Docker, Ansible
- GIT versioning
- Linux development (environments are based on Linux Containers)
- Micro-services based architecture
Role and Responsibilities:
– Design and develop new web applications using both server side and client-side technologies. Based on project needs, we can use other languages like Python, Node.js, Go, etc.
– Develop new functionalities of our current apps
– Have an open mind towards new technologies and work with project and product management to define, design and build new projects and features
– Write quality, maintainable code
– Write unit tests, whenever needed
– Ability to self-teach new technologies and teach others. Mentor junior engineers
– Practice a good client interfacing
Desired Technical Skills and Experience
– Familiar with the entire stack of development
– Excellent PHP skills or another web server-side language skills and experience with at least one MVC framework (ideally Symfony)
– In-depth understanding of data modeling with MySQL (or other RDBMS), emphasis to optimization and performance; Experience with a non-relational data store would be an asset.
– Experience with Angular or with another JS framework (React, Vue, etc); Experience with Node.js is a plus
– Experience with RESTful web services design, development and integration into web applications
– Basic understanding of UX/UI and ability to build products and features for the end-user in order to offer them the best experience
– Working knowledge of Linux server admin and good knowledge of server infrastructure
– Experience with GIT
– Well-balanced between efficiency and perfectionism;
– Excellent communication skills and good level of English (CEFLR level B2)
– Team player who is not afraid to propose new ideas and who is not upset if voted down;
– Experienced with agile methodologies, embracing agile mindset
Nice to have Qualifications/Skills
– Experience with DevOps techniques and tools (Docker, Ansible, Vagrant)
– Good skills in other programming languages, web or non-web (Python, Go, Java, C#, C++, etc)
– Working experience with functional programming
– Experience with different caching systems: Memcached, Varnish, etc
Compensations and Benefits:
- Medical coverage
- Meal vouchers
- Technical trainings, attending conferences
- Excelent location, very close to Victoriei Square
- Supportive working climate and open communication style