Our client, Siemens Industry Software, is looking for a Senior Java Full Stack Developer to join their new team.
Siemens Industry Software, headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, is the leading partner in test and mechatronic simulation. Through our simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence. Our Romania based offices play a critical role in our R&D software strategy.
As a Senior Java Full Stack Developer, you will contribute to the development of one of our products, Simcenter Sysdm. This application manages system data originating from Simcenter Amesim and other system simulation tools, providing a collaborative environment for model-based systems engineering data. Simcenter Sysdm is the repository where our customers can create an organizational model for system simulation data and facilitate classification, query and retrieval according to relevant engineer schemas.
- Design, build, and maintain complex applications enforcing coding standards;
- Maintain and enhance existing applications when needed;
- Serve as an expert within own discipline;
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns, industry best practices;
- Act as a mentor for younger developers and peers with less experience.
- Educational Level: Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Physics;
- Experience: 6-8 years of Java development;
Specific technical competencies:
- Strong level of development knowledge, at least Java 8 level;
- Java 11 development knowledge is an added advantage;
- Strong working experience developing Spring Web Applications (based on Spring REST services) aligned with the latest modern architectures and enforcing coding standards;
- Strong working experience with Angular;
- Experience with gRPC Services would be added advantage;
- Working knowledge with Oracle/PostgreSQL, MongoDB would be added advantage;
- Web Programming Skills would be added advantage;
- Experience with Spring Data, Distributed Computing;
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse IDE, Git, Maven/Gradle, Sonar, Jenkins, Jira, JFrog Artifactory, etc.;
- Working experience developing Spring boot Desktop Applications is an added advantage;
- Knowledge in Test-driven development;
- Experience of having worked in an Agile environment;
- 2 years of experience with leading small teams would be an added advantage;
Specific personal competencies:
- Ability to hit deadlines under strict project timelines while not sacrificing quality in the code and design;
- Ability to work as part of a team consisting of engineers from different nations and cultures;
- Work both independently as well as collaboratively, whenever required;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good soft skills;
- Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts;
- Languages: good knowledge of English (both written and spoken);