Aktana is looking a senior support engineer to join Aktana Global Support team. Customer Success is our #1 priority here at Aktana. We are seeking folks with exceptional technical knowledge and outstanding people skills. This role requires the ability to provide various levels of service in a fast moving and dynamic environment. This is an opportunity to build our support team, the process, and the way to make our customer success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a Support Engineer you should:
- Serve as the primary contact for the Aktana customer base. Triage, evaluate, and provide answers to customer questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Deliver high customer satisfaction – maintain customer satisfaction rating above 96%.
- Recommend to product development teams areas of improvement in performance and feature capabilities that will improve our customers’ successful use of our products and drive adoption.
- Understand and keep up-to-date on the latest product functionality, its dependencies, the underlying architecture and their operational impact.
- Monitor and manage application and back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements and SLA compliance.
- Participation in weekly on-call rotation and weekend coverage for the production incident resolution team.
- Work with various cross-functional teams to understand the root cause of issues reported and suggest alternate options and workarounds where appropriate.
- Research and develop solutions for customer support cases using extensive product knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.
- Share and develop best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Author technical documents on common issues and solutions in order to build the knowledge base.
- Establish strong working relationships with Engineering, Services, Sales, Technical Operations, Product Management and other internal resources as appropriate.
The Aktana Global Support team will be staffed 24/7. Support professionals are required to cover early and late shifts, weekends, and holiday time period.
Required Experience & Skillset
We’re looking for a Senior Support Engineer with:
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Propensity for hard work and a willingness to perform different roles as required.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Displays leadership qualities and works well with others.
- Strong project management experience with a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Understanding of relational database management system (RDBMS) concepts.
- Experience with XML, Java, and SQL.
- Experience with SOAP-based APIs and web-based development.
- Experience with Enterprise Software and data-driven applications.
- Experience with CRM applications such as Salesforce.com and/or Veeva.
- Technical understanding of hardware, software, development and production support methodologies desired.
- BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of proven success in enterprise application support and customer service.
- Hands-on experience with Software-As-A-Service (SAAS) based product offerings.