The ServiceNow DevOps will develop within Schaeffler’s ServiceNow instances and fulfill requirements that have been demanded by business departments. It is the responsibility to coordinate new incoming demands and to bring those to a complete and well fitted implementation. The implementation should either be done by the developer or in coordination with an external partner. Both must be possible.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Core Domain Skills (Primary)
• Takes ownership of business requirements and works them to completion.
• Multiple tasks related to designing, coding, testing, implementing new applications in ServiceNow.
• Administer, maintain and enhancing existing modules and business flows in ServiceNow application based on customers’ business needs.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and provides resolution. Fix defects in ServiceNow modules.
• Works closely with business analysts and vendors/customers to gather requirements in order to ensure the customer’s business needs and expectations are met in a timely and cost-effective manner. Assists Business in ServiceNow solution design.
• Create, update, communicate global service and product documentation. Documents the source code with comments and write technical documentation.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends new development tools and applications as appropriate.
• Reports on progress, issues and problems to the supervisor; providing lessons learned and giving suggestions to optimize the work processes.
• Participate in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects.
• Degree or other diploma in Computer Science or information technology or a comparable training in communication technology and electronics
• Good communication skills verbal and written (primarily English), German skills would be an advantage
• 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• Practical knowledge of Web Services – REST/SOAP
• Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, DB2
• Ideally experience within cloud based ITSM environments at larger enterprises
• Prior Experience with ServiceNow platforms would be an advantage
• Implementing ITIL based processes in companies
• Proven experience in all aspects of the software development process
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in agile methods