My Parcels Team in Stockholm needs a Quality Assistance Engineer that can help the team to test our mobile applications (android, ios) and the backend (java microservice architecture).
- Manual Testing of front (android/ios) and backend (java based microservices);
- Risk Assessment;
- Be a driver and enabler for all things quality;
- Instill a quality mindset in the team;
- Coaching and mentoring co-workers around what and how to test, both manual and automated;
- Work together with team members, teams, agile coaches and leaders to analyze and improve processes;
- Taking responsibility for test automation. This includes evaluating what and how to test as well as implementing test suites with the help from all engineers.
Example of activities
- Hands on api-, regression-, acceptance- and system testing of my parcel application (frontend) as well as micro-service backend;
- Improving/Identifying essential use cases in collaboration with other employees, and creating test suites for these to find regressions before releases are made;
- Pair-testing with developers;
- Helping teams create test plans when/if needed, and teach/mentor teams on how/when to create test plans;
- Analyzing bug reports and driving/implementing improvements based on analysis;
- Creating proof of concepts and getting started examples for developers for testing and test tools;
- Driving and hands-on contributing to implementation of and/or improvements to existing tests, tools, test frameworks, and CI/CD pipelines;
- Enabling for automated regression tests of the mobile application as well as backend, finding the right tools, setting this framework up and get it running.
- Understands that manual testing is important;
- Understands that automated testing is important;
- Understands that there is much more to quality than testing.
- Hands-on manual testing;
- At least some knowledge of coding in a related language;
- Experience from testing mobile applications;
- Experience from some automated test frameworks;
- Have previously been leading testing and quality efforts (test lead, QA lead or similar);
- Experience from working with solutions with Device Farms (mobile testing) like AWS or Azure Device Farm or Browserstack.