Our client Cegeka is looking for a Linux Engineer to join their team.
With over 4500 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important ICT providers in Benelux. They develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructures for medium-sized and large organizations. They overcome challenges for clients in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics and financial sectors.
Customers use their services to implement and integrate IT infrastructures, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, the development and implementation of applications, technical support and consultancy. With data centers in Hasselt (BE), Leuven (BE) and Geleen (NL), they are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are their customers. As well as the Belgian domestic market, Cegeka also has branches in the Netherlands, Poland and Romania, where they have subsidiary companies for remote management and software development.
You are part of the CGMSC (Cegeka Global Managed Services Center) as a member of the Cegeka Linux Competence Team, whose aim is to guarantee and maintain the functionality of our customers’ IT infrastructures plus, to cover design and implementation activities.
Your mission is to deliver projects for our Customers (internal and external) and to handle complex incidents & problems as 3rd level of technical support. In this manner, you will collaborate with multiple teams (Cegeka group, Customers’ teams and third parties) in order to identify the best technical solution for the customer, thus ensuring obtaining the desired result.
- Handle simultaneous projects by collaborating with other technical teams and with customers;
- Propose and implement solutions for automation of labour intensive tasks;
- Participate in integration/transition projects;
- Interact with internal / external Customers in order to understand their needs and propose customized solutions;
- Take ownership and responsibility for all your assignments (projects, tickets, implementations).
Provide technical training for other levels:
- When new projects/tools are integrated within Cegeka;
- For existing tools/projects upon request;
- Offer 3rd line support for our customers in order to solve complex issues;
- Analyse, manage and update requests sent by our customers by phone, email or web submit;
- Take ownership and responsibility for managed projects and all tickets assigned to your queue;
- Configuration, fine-tuning and follow-up of Management Applications (SCOM, Zenos, etc.);
- Ensure reports & specific client reports are delivered in time;
- Create trend analysis reports per client;
- Create change & maintenance requests prior to implementations;
- Maintain a strict adherence to change management procedures before performing any change;
- Maintain the operational systems/resources at customer sites;
- Provide technical training for other levels when new projects/tools are integrated within Cegeka;
- Provide management with possible enhancements regarding the clients’ infrastructures;
- Create and modify the technical procedures, manuals and processes for projects;
- Create the technical documentation for all new Cegeka integrations (Server documentation, Architecture documents, etc.);
- Interact with the customer, by positively exposing Cegeka during the direct communication with customers;
- Work in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard;
- Work in accordance with the Cegeka quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations;
- Attend trainings and team meetings.
Technical skills required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Expert knowledge of Linux Administration (Red Hat, Debian, SLES). Must be able to build and maintain production-grade Linux systems;
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.);
- Good knowledge of enterprise class backup systems;
- Good knowledge and experience with enterprise Antivirus products;
- Experience in supporting and maintaining common Linux applications and services (DNS, NFS, SMB, AutoFS, PXE, SNMP, SSH, HTTP/S);
- Knowledge of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database administration;
- Medium knowledge of enterprise infrastructure concepts – VMWare, SAN, network, load balancer.
Nice to have
- RHCSA and/or RHCE certification(s);
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Ansible and/or Puppet).
- Analytical, technical and diagnostic skills;
- Communication and time management skills with the ability to track and ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects;
- Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, demonstrated knowledge of change management and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations;
- Ability to adapt quickly to constantly changing business priorities;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Initiative is required in day to day tasks;
- Passion for IT and strong interest in self-development;
- Ability to listen, learn and improve;
- Excellent English skills – both written and verbal;
- Willing to travel.
Offer (bonuses, benefits)
- 22 days as annual vacation, plus 6 extra days according to internal policies;
- Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers;
- Meal tickets;
- Free Gym Subscription – fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies);
- Preferential rates to 7Card subscription;
- Massage within the company premises (according to internal policies);
- Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.);
- Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.);
- Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies);
- Continuous learning and improvement activities;
- Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots.
- Relocation bonus