Client based in Ile-de-France, France
Business strategy consulting, management coaching
Product development via SkillValue MVP Factory
CTO, freelance and funding support
About the Client
Collaborating with SkillValue
The project was on a strict deadline: the client wanted the solution ready for deployment by the end of Q1 2018. As a newcomer to IT project management, the company also required comprehensive support in making the technical and organisational choices.
Although the client had the budget for product development from scratch, this would have entailed further investment to produce specifications, while the project would have taken much longer to complete.
After turning to Pentalog, its first point of contact was Mickaël Hiver, who helps clients choose the services and strategies best suited to their business needs.
With the key requisite being time-to-market, Pentalog and SkillValue proposed the MVP Factory offering, a product development solution more appropriate to the client’s growth objectives.
The MVP Factory offering would include:
– a CTO to help structure the solution and manage its creation
– a freelance designer (based in Paris)
– a freelance coder (a French digital nomad working remotely in India)
– support to obtain initial funding from France’s BPI investment bank
The technical solution consists of a showcase website, as well as publishing functionality for educational content and sales strategy tools. The cloud-hosted platform is administered and managed by the client.
For several reasons, the client was soon impressed by the advantages of the offer:
– the flexibility of the team allowed the company to bypass recruitment (less financial risk than hiring)
– the price
– the implementation timeline (2 months instead of 6 on average for product development from scratch)
Once the platform was delivered, two weeks of training were provided for the transfer of skills and to ensure that the client could operate independently with the solution.
The expertise of the SkillValue CTO also proved invaluable in coordinating the team and developing a solution tailored to the client’s requirements and constraints.
– OVH Cloud
Following the launch of the MVP, this is what the client would take away from product development:
- A first IT project that proved to be a rich learning experience
- This IT project was a first for the client, who was delighted with the way that the SkillValue team eased the company into the fundamentals of their world. It also helped the client learn to make compromises between development time, price and functional depth.
- A multi-site platform to showcase its product
- Today, the client can promote the Strat’Lab platform thanks to its multi-site implementation that provides a demo space alongside the client space. Pré Salé now works with major companies, including a large French retailer that specialises in construction, DIY and gardening in Russia.
- Support and advice beyond the final delivery
- The client still keeps in regular contact with SkillValue, whose team are happy to respond to any queries. They have also handled additional operations (natural SEO and product improvement) upon request.
Thanks to the technical expertise of the SkillValue CTO, the client acquired a tailor-made solution that was perfectly suited to its time-to-market and technical requirements.
“We were convinced by SkillValue’s approach: advice from a CTO to help us architect our solution, 2 freelancers and support to find funding. In addition, we were seduced by the price of courses but especially by the implementation time: 2 months instead of 5 or 6 months if we were on a development from scratch.” Francis Touazi, co-founder Pré Salé – Strat’Lab