Société Générale European Business Services is a player in the shared service center market and delivers high added value services in various fields of activity for worldwide entities of the Group (finance/ accounting, procurement, human resources and IT). The company is currently serving over 20 countries mostly across Europe for all major business lines of the Société Générale Group.
The Shared Service Center for IT (SSC-IT) of SG EBS is a new organization that started early in 2014 to provide Société Générale Group IT Services. The mission of SSC IT is to contribute to SG Group transformation by proposing advanced high quality IT services along with innovative operating models.
A large part of our team is integrated into the IT department (ITEC) of the Investment Bank of Societe Generale – GBIS for Global Banking and Investor Solutions. We are currently extending the team to work with all business lines of Société Générale Group: French retail bank, international retail bank and insurance services, and corporate IT systems.
Astro is a set of APIs designed for Pretrade Negotiation & Execution of Financial Products. The European Regulatory topics, like Prrips and Mifid2, are available through Astro.
Astro services are called by different UIs like SG Market SP for product creation, but also BenderWeb, PriceIT and PRB for Regulatory topics.
On the Exotic products perimeter, Sales, Engineers and external clients are using Astro through the different Uis.
Astro is composed of micro-services and orchestrations wich automate the differents tasks. Code base is very new (re-written from scratch between 2015 and 2017) using Java 8, SpringBoot, RabbitMQ, REST, ELK). The orchestration called MultiPlus is developped in-house.
Your role as a JAVA Developer in a nutshell
- Assist with the translation of business requirements into technical ones;
- Show technical expertise and handle development/testing tasks;
- Follow up functional testing with end users;
- Liaises with Infrastructure/middleware teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies;
- Employs industry standard best practices;
- Provides level three support during local business hours;
- Involved with the review and submission of solutions designs globally.
A little about You:
- Experience as a JAVA Developer;
- You have excellent understanding of Java SE and multithreading (threading frameworks are appreciated);
- Knowledge of distributed architecture and caching mechanisms;
- Knowledge of middleware principles (RabbitMQ) and asynchronous communication;
- Knowledge of NoSQL database principles (e.g. Elasticsearch) would be appreciated;
- Knowledge of some core development tools used within the company: Kibana, Maven, Jenkins, Git/SVN; Sonar and DeployIT (nice to have);
- Knowledge of Docker.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We also value
- Responsible attitude, strong autonomy and ambition in achieving your mission;
- Excellent analytical skills and self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.