Our client, Central Europe Technologies, the new BNP Paribas Shared Services Center, is looking for a Java Software Developer (middle/senior) to join their team.
Your role on this project is to develop and maintain software applications according to the business need allocated by the Java Team Lead. You will be responsible for estimating, defining and developing features for new software or existing solutions. You will be involved in a product development lifecycle based on Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Develop software application being involved in all the project phases.
- Propose, create technical solutions and present them to the Java Team Lead.
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring for the team members– for senior level.
- Deliver the source code, unit tests associated having all the quality check validated as per internal procedures.
- Maintain, improve and provide support for the features developed;
- Development of features for new software or existing solutions, technical analysis;
- Estimation of workload for the development of new features;
- Responsible for the bug fixing into UAT and PROD environment based on the internal SLA
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Java technologies for a middle position and 5+ years for a senior role;
Practical knowledge as a Java Software Developer of at least two technologies of each category:
- Java Technologies: JDK 1.8
- Enterprise Technologies: Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6, Spring, Hibernate
- Other Enterprise Technologies: Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java, Bean Validation, Interceptors, Java Persistence, Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Web Services Technologies: Implementing Enterprise Web Services (SOAP), Java API for XML-Based Web Services (JAX-WS), Web Services Metadata for the Java Platform, WS-*, Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB)
- Unit Testing: JUnit, EasyMock/Mockito
- Build Tools: Apache Maven, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus
- Other Skills: UML, SQL, XML/XSLT/XSD
- Good OOP skils
- Design Patterns: MVC, Singleton, Façade, Visitor
- Enterprise application servers: JBoss, WebSphere
- OS: Unix/Linux
- N-tier architecture
- Attention to detail and very good analytical qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Language skills: English (written / verbal) – Advanced level
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation
- Ability to plan work to meet deadlines
- Time management skills – able to work simultaneously with several projects in different stages
- Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines and to identify problems in the early stages
- Flexibility – Ability to work in a changing environment, able to react positively when it is necessary to restore priorities
- Emotional balance, constant attitudes and manifestations
- Capacity to make decisions and take responsibility
Ideal profile: Java Software Developer
- Problem-solving mentality
- Team player mentality: ability and willingness to teach others;
- Self-driven, self-motivated, suggests ideas, has initiative and ability to drive the project development forward;
- Pragmatic, with a positive attitude as well as a great capacity of comprehension;
- Good social skills, able to integrate in a local team as well as in a remote team;