Our client is a marketplace that reimagines commerce by transforming it into an art of convenience and diversity. The core of our business is to make the act of buying and selling goods easy, practical, and accessible to everyone around the globe.
We do this by nurturing a unique community: the shoppers who are looking for an easy and reliable shopping experience, the suppliers who choose us to feature and sell their products, and our dedicated employees who make our business run like a well-oiled machine.
We are bound with our commitment to keep our community strong and ethical, so that our merchants continue to sell their items and thrive, and our shoppers find what they are looking for and buy it with confidence.
We also pledge to offer the most user-friendly platform to our members, so they enjoy a seamless and amazing experience.
We are looking for a highly skilled QA Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets stakeholders needs, while being cost-effective.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities;
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs;
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved;
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs;
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements;
- Monitor debugging process results;
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions;
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts;
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies;
- Experience in implementing SQL Injection and cross-site scripting;
- Identify and prioritize system security threats;
- UI testing to guarantee features are delivered as per expected designed layout.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer;
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.