Committed to customer success and innovation, Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multichannel engagement with HCPs.
Today 10 of the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies are using Aktana to go to market smarter.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for a exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too!
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have offices around the world, including Philadelphia, New York, London, Barcelona, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Bucharest, etc.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. The right person is the problem solver, results-driven, creative, hands-on, enthusiastic – we are seeking a Senior – QA Engineer that has these characteristics.
Aktana is a software company that uses Agile and SCRUM methodologies to develop and deliver our product. The successful candidate will need to know how to create and maintain automated test scripts to perform functional and load testing as well as setting up and maintaining a lab environment for testing ETL/data integrations to other third-party applications.
- Collaborating with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps in same;
- Developing, updating and maintaining test plans, cases, scripts, and automation for all layers of application testing;
- Executing various levels and types of testing such as smoke, functional, compatibility and regression tests (manual and automated);
- Developing and maintaining test data, performing data validation;
- Installing and controlling various test configurations and environments;
- Identifying, researching and documenting bugs; suggesting possible resolutions and root causes;
- Contributing to process improvements efforts related to all aspects of Software Quality Assurance in an effort to reduce defects and quality issues;
- Work closely with remote teams including the US and other offshore locations;
- Recruit, mentor, coach, and make effective a world-class testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes, and motivation;
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff;
- Maintain and report product test metrics for all active projects to include code coverage, function coverage, project plans, test cases, and plans.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, adaptability, and to think beyond “outside of the box”;
- Service orientation and ability to work in a team and collaborative environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, time management skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems;
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL and RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and implement testing tools as per the organization needs;
- Experience in building and running complex test environments;
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise software QA engineering, analysis, and testing experience;
- 5+ years of hands-on of web-based, enterprise software application engineering, analysis, and testing experience;
- Successfully released as a QA Engineer 3+ enterprise software suite releases in ERP, CRM, or comparable business software applications;
- Proven expertise and success with various QA engineering, analysis, and testing methodologies and enterprise software development lifecycles (SDLC);
- Experience in SOAP/REST web services (XML / JSON) testing and automation;
- Proven expertise and success with QA automation tools, both commercial and open-source to include Mercury QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner, Selenium, Jmeter, or Watir for example;
- Proven success with regression, performance, concurrency, and scalability testing methodologies;
- Ability to provide hands-on leadership, and work flexible hours some evenings and weekends;
- Should have experience in CI tools like Rundeck/Jenkins;
- Ability to implement and configure test management tools such as Testlink, Quality Center according to best practice;
- Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) QA experience strongly desired.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, CIS, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics