Our client is working to create language learning experiences that will stimulate people around the world to learn new languages not only out of necessity, but because they genuinely enjoy it & he is currently looking for a Senior Android Developer.
Their story started back in 2013 when the founders saw the opportunity of introducing language learning to smart technologies of the future. After years of research and hard work, they became the planet’s #1 company to make language learning with speech recognition possible in AR and VR.
Our client is looking for a Senior – Android Developer, his requirements being the following :
- Ability to translate Zeplin designs to pixel perfect, device density specific (mdpi/hdpi/xhdpi/xxhdpi/xxxhdpi) and tablet XML Layouts;
- CardView, Navigation Bar, Motion layout, constraint layout, relative layout, linear layout experience;
- Experience with RTL(Right to left) layouts optimizations where needed;
- Experience with custom fonts, translations;
- Custom views implementation in Kotlin based on existing designs and integration in XML Layouts/Kotlin code;
- Working with custom view attributes;
- Graphic Resources: Webp Images Conversion, 9.PNG and Android Vector, Custom Shapes and code/XML gradients;
- Create sample mocked data to present the created UI/UX flow is a PLUS;
- Create smooth UI/UX flows;
- Add interfaces/methods to your presentation layer (or create ViewHelpers for third party teams to easily integrate it with real data).
- Kotlin experience is a must;
- Mobile design patterns, architectures (Clean Architecture Pattern/MVP/MVC);
- Retrofit 2, EventBus, Google Room ORM, SQLcipher, SQLite;
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs on Android (Social Media, Google, Facebook, etc.);
- Experience in tuning and optimizing app responsiveness, memory/CPU consumption, bandwidth/IO usage, and caching/local data/asset storage;
- Experience with mobile-specific functionality, i.e. location, push notifications;
- Systems integration experience using REST services.
- Great attention to detail;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and build to meet business/functional requirements;
- Act in an advisory capacity, i.e. consulting with stakeholders to drive decision making development/tagging strategies;
- Provide consultative direction to the development team, and enforce best practices and standards;
- Advanced English skills.
Responsibilities as an Android Developer
- Develop the Mondly app in native Android;
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code;
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code;
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs;
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Free lunch;
- Free snacks and fruits;
- Annual bonuses;
- Private medical insurance;
- Flexible working hours;
- Modern office located in the central area.