To be part of Societe Generale European Business Services means to work in a dynamic and active environment where your work has a real impact in the company’s activity.
Our teams work in an Agile mode and are constantly encouraged to collaborate in transversal projects through which they can learn and adapt together in order to contribute to the growth of our center of excellence.
Your Role as a JAVA Developer in a Nutshell:
- Assist with the translation of business requirements into technical ones;
- Show technical expertise and handle development/testing tasks;
- Follow up functional testing with end users;
- Liaises with Infrastructure/middleware teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies;
- Employs industry standard best practices;
- Provides level three support during local business hours;
- Involved with the review and submission of solutions designs globally.
A little about You:
- You have excellent understanding of Java 8, Spring boot and multithreading;
- Good knowledge of distributed architecture and caching mechanisms;
- Good knowledge of middleware principles (RabbitMQ; TibcoRV nice to have) and asynchronous communication;
- Knowledge of relational database (Sybase) and NoSQL database principles (e.g. Cassandra, Elastic search) would be appreciated;
- Knowledge of some core development tools used within the company (Kibana, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Sonar) and Unix shell would be appreciated;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We also value:
- Responsible attitude, strong autonomy and ambition in achieving your mission;
- Excellent analytical skills and self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken. French would be a good plus.