For our client, Centero LLC, an innovative company that provides wireless technologies, products, and engineering services for the Internet of Things, we are looking to grow the team by bringing on board an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to lead all aspects of firmware engineering across a variety of products and technologies.
- Responsible for design, development, and test of embedded software code.
- Writing firmware architectural specifications and supporting documents.
- Evaluate and propose alternatives for microprocessor and related components.
- Schematic review to ensure hardware is capable of supporting firmware functional requirements.
- Hands-on engineering work and troubleshooting, diagnosing complex issues which involves both software and hardware.
- Participation in system integration.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in developing code for embedded systems, however will consider less experience.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ in embedded platforms.
- Experience working with various microprocessors and low power management.
- Strong knowledge of embedded real-time operating systems.
- In-depth understanding of major bus protocol (. USB, I2C, SPI).
- Understanding of at least one wireless protocol is a plus.
- Ability to understand schematics and work with hardware engineers to insure proper system design and function.
- Hands-on experience using hardware debugging instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Leadership skills & ability to organize tasks and define deliverables.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and be comfortable with technical documentation writing.