Our client, OWNZONES, is looking for a Front-End Developer to join their team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals whose highest motivation comes from doing their best work, who are passionate about technology and have their eyes and minds open to fresh perspectives.
We enjoy working with people who problem-solve to get things done and move the product forward. That means contributing your own ideas, balancing perfectionism with efficacy and efficiency, and working as part of the team towards our shared goals.
The markets we play in are ever changing, so we expect you to do your part so that our team stays agile, expects the unexpected and never gives up.
Primary duties and responsibilities
• Delivering a complete web front-end application
• Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
• Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core React.js
• Ensuring that interfaces are responsive, cross-browser/cross-platform/cross-device compatible and accessible
• Cooperating with back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
Our technology and tools
• We interface with APIs via REST or GraphQL
• When doing server-side rendering, we also make use of Node.js and Express
• We make use of various libraries like lodash, axios, bluebird, moment.js, classnames
• We implement fancy drag and drop with react-dnd and react-dropzone
• We style our apps with PostCSS/cssnext, CSS modules and normalize.CSS
• We check and build our code with webpack, Babel and ESLint
• We integrate our code continuously with CircleCI
• We deploy and run our code on AWS’s EBS
• We manage our code on GitHub
• We track our requirements and work using JIRA and Confluence
Your needed qualifications
• You have several years of experience owning and web front-end production code
• You are fluent in core computer science concepts like data structures and algorithms
• You display very good understanding of what constitutes clean, reusable software
• You demonstrate deep understanding of how to build scalable applications
• You have informed opinions about good UX and UI design
• You can create wireframes to rapidly prototype
• You have deep understanding of the principles of responsive design
• You can prove mastery of code versioning systems and workflows
• Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• Good understanding of CSS preprocessors (such as Less, Sass, Stylus etc.)
• Strong hands-on experience in Single Page Application (SPA) Architecture, design, software engineering and development using React or similar technology (Ember.js, ExtJS, Angular, Knockout)
• Understanding of asynchronous programming, its quirks and workarounds
• Know-how of SEO solutions for single page apps
• Experience with Node.js
A note for technology switchers
We are more interested to enjoy working with you rather than your mastery of specific technology stacks. We believe that the right people with the right attitude and experience can make the switch quickly.
If you find yourself in the needed qualifications, but are not sure about our preferred qualifications, please don’t be put off, and let’s get to know each other.