Client based in France, in the Centre Val-de-Loire region
About the Client
Paragon ID is a French company present in over 40 different countries and recognised as a leading provider of customised identification solutions on the eID, transport and smart city markets, as well as brand and payment traceability & protection. It has 150 production units and nearly 3,500 employees.
As a major player in the access control and traceability sectors, Paragon ID develops solutions specifically suited to its clients, such as magnetic ticketing (tollbooths, car parks, public transport, etc.) or RFID cards (loyalty cards, ticket sales, etc.)
Collaborating with SkillValue
The client had a two-pronged challenge: he needed to quickly recruit a freelance developer and to ensure he or she could get to work immediately, so that RFID development would be completed within the given time-scale.
With just a month to go before presenting his product at an international exhibition, our client needed an experienced developer to finalise development of his software. The software connects up to a customer’s database to manage a printer that delivers coded credit card-type cards using RFID technology.
The client chose SkillValue and its freelance service to solve this two-pronged problem as quickly as possible.
The client chose SkillValue’s freelance service to speed up the recruitment process for the following reasons:
- One-off, urgent need for a specific skill
- SkillValue service includes assessing technical skills on RFID technology and conducting individual interviews
The very same day that the client created his account on the SkillValue platform, he was contacted by a SkillValue Freelancers Business Developer. The Business Developer gathered all the information he needed to find the ideal candidate: context of the mission, technology stack, conditions for performing the mission (remote/on site) and the desired seniority level.
With this information, SkillValue’s Business Developer and CTO were able to draw up a profile of the perfect freelancer for the client’s project before publishing it on our platform and sending it out by email.
From that point in time, recruiting a freelancer took just one week. The week even included onboarding, so that the freelancer could start work as soon as possible.
- Day 2: SkillValue’s Business Developer and CTO shortlist 5 profiles. After putting them through a series of technical tests, the 2 best candidates are put forward to the client.
- Day 3: Each candidate has a phone interview with the client, who chooses the freelancer they wish to work with.
- Day 4: SkillValue deals with all the admin and collaboration can begin.
- Day 5: the freelancer goes to the client’s premises for 2 days of onboarding.
- Day 7: the freelancer can start working on the project at home.
The client’s requirement that the freelance developer should finish the RFID development in 4 weeks was met. The client was able to present the product at an international exhibition in March 2019, where it was very warmly received.
– Entity Framework 4.6.1
Client Experience Feedback
This is what the client would take away from product development:
- Quick response to request
- Thanks to the speedy response of SkillValue’s Business Developers and the SkillValue CTO’s technical expertise, the client’s request could be dealt with immediately.
- A fast, effective process
- By entrusting SkillValue Freelancers with the recruitment of a freelance developer, the recruitment process fell from 3 weeks to 1, onboarding included.
- IT tests meant suitably qualified profiles
- Highly satisfied with the work performed by the freelancer recruited by SkillValue and by the smooth collaboration between the freelancer and their own teams, the client went on working with the freelancer on other projects.
“Working with SkillValue helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.” Gilles Fevre, IT Manager at Paragon ID