What will be your role in the community?
searching for jobs
& evolve my skills
searching for talent
& assess talent
Your account has been created.
Please activate your account by clicking the link in the mail message.
Our team is here to help you at any moment.
Please contact us whenever you need help!
See you soon,
The SkillValue Team
Updated on 24th February, 2023
These General Terms and Conditions are concluded between PENTALOG HR SAS (hereinafter referred to as “PENTALOG HR”) and the User, and are meant to govern the use and operation of PENTALOG HR website (skillvalue.com)
– Account: refers to the account assigned to the User after registration.
– Candidate: refers to any natural person who has made an application with a User Company.
– General Terms and Conditions: refers to the present general terms and conditions of the Site (skillvalue.com).
– Independent & Private User: refers to any User, who is a natural person, acting on the Site on his own behalf and solely for personal benefit.
– Interface: Refers to the Interface inherent to each User and provided via the Account, within which the User may manage his profile and other information in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions for which provision is made by the Specific Terms and Conditions applicable.
– Pentalog Group: refers to the group of companies to which PENTALOG HR belongs and offering complete and complementary Services.
– Personal Data: refers, as defined under the article 4, point 1 from the European Regulation no. 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), to any information pertaining to a natural person who is or can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or one or more items of information.
– Platform: refers to the “Skillvalue Assessment” testing platform.
– Services: refers to all services offered on the Site, by PENTALOG HR or any of its affiliates.
– Skills Evaluation: Service offered by PENTALOG HR via Tests, allowing the Users to evaluate their skills or those of their Candidates/employees.
– PENTALOG HR: refers to PENTALOG HR SAS, a simplified joint stock company with share capital of 100 000,00 euros, having its registered office at 1 Rue des Hauts, Château des Hauts 45380 La Chapelle-Saint-Mesmin, France, registered in the Orléans Trade and Companies Register under the number 829 682 384.
– Site: refers to the skillvalue.com website and blog at skillvalue.com/blog (the “Blog”) which is owned and operated by PENTALOG HR.
– Specific Terms and Conditions: the terms and conditions which are specific to each Service offered by PENTALOG HR, and complementing these General Terms and Conditions and which should be accepted by all Users wishing to benefit from the Services.
– Test: refers to all types of evaluation, quiz or coding exercise, offered on the Platform to assess the skills.
– User: refers to any user of the Site who may act as a Company or as an Independent & Private Individual, whether or not he/she has created an Account.
– User Company: refers to any User, who is a legal entity or a private entrepreneure, acting on the Site as a professional.
These General Terms and Conditions govern the use of the Site, and apply to the Services offered on the Site and its content.
Any use of the Site or order for Services implies acceptance and application of the present General Terms and Conditions.
Through the Site, PENTALOG HR proposes Skills Evaluation Services to Users by providing them with a Testing Platform in line with various formulae and possibilities for access defined at the time of registration or subscription. Services related to Skills Evaluation may also be offered by PENTALOG HR such as events.
PENTALOG HR additionally provides Users with an Interface of which operation is defined under the Specific Terms and Conditions.
PENTALOG HR also offers recruitment and freelancing Services to Users.
These various Services are governed by the Specific Terms and Conditions which should be accepted by Users wishing the benefit therefrom. Acceptance of Specific Terms and Conditions also constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions.
a. Property of the Site and its content
Users all acknowledge that the Site, Platform and Tests are the sole and exclusive property of PENTALOG HR. Consequently, all software or developments, source code, graphics, text, images, logos, or any other existing content on the Site, required for its operation or presentation, are subject to copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights belonging to PENTALOG HR.
More precisely, the content of Tests, their names, visual presentation, technical questions and solutions they contain are the sole and exclusive property of PENTALOG HR.
There is no transfer of property rights over the Site content (and notably technical questions in the Tests), excluding the right of use as defined hereunder.
PENTALOG HR grants Users a non-exclusive right of use without the right to sub-license over the Site content and Tests, for the term and in line with the General Terms and Conditions of use thereof.
b. Property of the Blog
The Blog and its content are the sole and exclusive property of PENTALOG HR, notwithstanding any indication to the contrary on the Blog. However, PENTALOG HR is not responsible for the content of the Blog in such instance as this is not published by Pentalog Group.
a. Browsing and registration
i. Use without Account creation
User hereby acknowledges that any visit or browsing on the Site, even without creating an account, is governed by the present General Terms and Conditions, and notably provisions pertaining to Site property and content, and those relative to Cookies.
ii. Account creation
User acknowledges that only one Account should exist per Company or Independent & Private User, and undertakes not to create several Accounts.
Any User creating an Account on the Site guarantees that he is entitled and has the capacity to do so. Each User is responsible for his own actions and the provided information.
User undertakes to act on the Site in a legitimate and legal manner and to be of legal age pursuant the applicable law in their country of residence.
It consequently undertakes to respect the present General Terms and Conditions and the Site content, and to act without prejudice the Site, its operation and the property rights included on the Site, nor any other Users.
User hereby undertakes to use the Site, Platform and Tests and their content in respect of PENTALOG HR property rights. Consequently, User hereby undertakes not to copy, sell, modify, adapt, translate, transfer, sub-license, decompile, distribute, re-copy, download, reproduce or use by any means other than as part of accessing Services, and Site content or information included on the Site, and notably the content of Tests, technical questions, solutions etc.
PENTALOG HR authorizes sharing on networks by Users of all information pertaining to their involvement in competitions organized by PENTALOG HR, the performance of Tests on the Site, the results of Tests or sharing PENTALOG HR certificates, with it being understood that when sharing information, this should include an indication of copyright, trademarks or other property rights appearing on the Content of the original Site.
User clearly acknowledges that sharing content on the Site is not authorized, notably sharing the content of Tests, technical questions or visuals used in Tests.
User hereby undertakes not to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or undertake any reverse engineering on any software including or forming a part of the Site or Platform.
Use of Site content on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
User hereby expressly acknowledges that the services and Site are provided “as is” by PENTALOG HR, and that use of the Site and its content remain under the sole and exclusive liability of User. PENTALOG HR does not offer any guarantee as to the suitability of Services with the User requirements, nor as to non-interruption, absence of errors or security of Services, nor as to the reliability or accuracy of the results of Tests undertaken on the Site.
Consequently, PENTALOG HR does not guarantee the exhaustive or complete nature of the Tests proposed on the Site, nor the singularity of correct answers which are approved.
User expressly acknowledges that PENTALOG HR will not be held liable for consequential immaterial damages of any nature whatsoever whether related to use of the Site (including, without being limited to, loss of profit, business of damages resulting from data loss or interrupted activities), due notably to:
The liability of PENTALOG HR may not be incurred in the event of any error or defective operation of the Site, Platform or Tests.
The liability of PENTALOG HR is limited to provision of the Site and Platform.
PENTALOG HR hereby reserves the right to exclude or suspend the Account of any User who fails to respect the General Terms and Conditions defined hereinabove.
Consequently, in the event of any default, PENTALOG HR will contact the User concerned and may request that the latter end the default observed. In such instance as the default continues, PENTALOG HR may suspend the Account concerned, or delete this at its own discretion and under its own initiative.
Moreover, Users hereby acknowledge that any default in the present General Terms and Conditions may lead to a prejudice for PENTALOG HR and acknowledges that PENTALOG HR may claim compensation from the User for the prejudice suffered due to the default.
PENTALOG HR uses “cookies” in order to personalize and optimize browsing and online time. A cookie is a text file placed temporarily on the memory of the User’s PC (“session” browsing cookie), or stored permanently on the hard disc drive (“persistent” cookie), by a web server. Cookies cannot execute programs or introduce any viruses onto your computer. Cookies are attributed uniquely and can only be read by a web server at the domain which sent them.
However, refusal to accept certain cookies may obstruct performance and have a negative influence on web browsing or even block access to some webpage features.
The present General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by French law. In the event of any difficulty in interpretation or performance hereof, the jurisdiction of Orléans Court of Appeal will hold sole and exclusive jurisdictional competence.
If any stipulation herein is declared null and void by a court, this will not affect the validity of other stipulations in these General Terms and Conditions of Use which will remain in force. No relinquishment of any stipulations in the present General Terms and Conditions of Use will constitute future or permanent relinquishment of this stipulation or any other.
PENTALOG HR may amend the present document in whole or in part, at any convenient time and discretion. Any modification to the present General Terms and Conditions will be notified to Users who will have ten (10) days from the date of notification in which to object to the new version of the General Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any refusal of the new version of the General Terms and Conditions within the deadline indicated hereinabove, this will be considered as accepted by the User.
In the event of any disagreement by the User as to the new version of the General Terms and Conditions, PENTALOG HR reserves the right to suspend the User's Account.
PENTALOG HR offers Site Users the possibility of making comments, asking questions and making suggestions. Any information sent by email will be used taking due account of the right to confidentiality and image rights.
PENTALOG HR hereby reserves the right to publish or communicate about Tests, User testimonies, User experiences, after the prior written consent of the User(s) concerned.
What will be your
role in the community?
Join the SkillValue Community!
Assess your tech skills for free.
All fields are required.
Get 8 tech competency assessments
Hire top developers, faster
All fields are required.