The Production Change Management function ensures that required changes to the production IT environment are correctly recorded and subjected to the appropriate levels of risk assessment, structured planning, co-ordination, pre and post implementation testing/verification and authorization, prior to implementation.
The function provides a necessary level of independent control, due diligence and impartial guidance to help ensure that all changes to the Bank’s production IT environment are compliant with the Bank’s IT Management Policy and Production Change Management Procedure.
Production Change Management’s primary objective is to ensure the ongoing stability of the Bank’s production services, which providing internal, external and regulatory related auditors confidence that the Bank maintains appropriately robust and complete controls around changes made to key and critical IT systems.
The Production Change Management function’s primary stakeholders are employees and contracted vendors who are involved in requesting, planning, managing, authorizing and/or undertaking changes to the production IT environment.
The Production Change Manager performs IT Change Manager responsibilities including:
- The execution and maintenance of Production Change Management process and performance governance, including the identification and intervention of process deviations and undesirable patterns and/or trends;
- The facilitation of the discussion and resolution of escalated change/event conflicts;
- The assessment and assistance in resolution of IT change issues escalated by our HCL Production Change Controllers and/or IT users;
- The management and chairing – where required – of Change Advisory Board (CAB) checks and meetings;
- The creation and maintenance of Knowledge Articles and training materials;
- The creation and publishing of ad-hoc Production Change Management reporting in response to Incident Management, Audit and IT Risk Management needs.
The Production Change Manager will be required to be involved in the review of and feedback to the solution design and assessment of Change Management tooling (ServiceNow) enhancements, required process adjustments and associated control implementations/adjustments.
The Production Change Manager will play a key role within the testing and post-implementation support of new ServiceNow Change Management release.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Manage and confer with other Production Change Administrators or Change Controllers, as necessary in regards to the execution of Production Change Management Process and Performance governance;
- Act as a point of escalation for the outsourced HCL Production Change Management Change Controllers;
- Help to define and/or manage the Production Change Management process in line with published policies and procedures;
- Identify and initiate resolution/improvement for specific identified deviations from the published policies, standards and procedures;
- Act as central point of contact for the change user community, addressing issues and resolving conflicts, sometimes for complex or multi-region and/or multi-business impacting changes;
- Perform and deliver Production Change Management reporting on an ad-hoc basis to support IT service management or audit needs;
- Prepare, chair and facilitate Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings;
- Participate in Change Management system releases, UAT and Regression testing and preparation of supporting process documentation;
- Maintain and ensure the availability of appropriate Production Change Management documentation and/or training material;
- Manage the creation, modification and recertification process for Change Template and Approval Model administration;
- Manage the review, approval and publication of Major Events to the Change Event Calendar, including running the weekly Event planning meetings and handling event conflict;
- Manage the review, approval and publication of Change Restrictions that support Major Bank wide and Business specific Events;
- Manage the review, approval and publication of Change Management approval rules within the Change Management system tool.
Head of Production Change Management, Other Production Change Managers, Production Change Administrators, HCL Change Controllers, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management system support team.
- Experienced IT Change Manager/Controller with a minimum 3 years’ experience within a Production Change Management role;
- 2 years large heterogeneous IT organisational experience – ideally but not essentially within the financial sector;
- Strong ITIL aligned service management experience;
- Sound and broad technology experience/exposure in either or both infrastructure and application technology.
- The ability to work independently, with little supervision, in a global and fast-paced environment and to be able to make level-headed, considered decisions based both on over-arching policies and Bank needs, as well as, where appropriate, personal production change management experience;
- Have confidence to effectively and considerately challenge, at all levels, in order to protect the stability/integrity of the production environment;
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to manage – and switch between – multiple initiatives/objectives from conception to conclusion;
- The ability to ensure all tasks and deliverables meet agreed due dates, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability, and sound problem-solving skills;
- Have good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Have experience with leading meetings, training and performing presentations to peers and users of the Change Management system;
- Be proactive in identifying continuous system or service improvements;
- Be able to work effectively in a global, diverse team.