This is your chance to join a talented, thoughtful and caring full-stack product team. We hire for talent, not location, and that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our team mission is quite simple; be the welcoming and caring companion for all our drivers, empowering them to build a sustainable business from day one!
Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone. We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the DAB team is huge and will help facilitate the company’s continued growth in 2021 and beyond. We are looking for a motivated Engineer, with a product mindset, to help build services and tools that empower and enable tens of thousands of Drivers to earn a living on Heetch each day.
We are the centre piece of a Drivers lifecycle and thus interact with most teams at Heetch. We aim to ship small and often throughout the duration of a Sprint and on a day-to-day basis you can expect to work in unison with product, design, mobile, frontend and the business operational teams to ensure our product is forever improving one deployment at a time.
- Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production
- When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
- Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby), into our event-driven architecture.
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
- Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let’s see how it improves our services.
- Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It’s not just about writing code.
- Micro-services written in Go
- Ruby as we migrate away from legacy systems
- Docker with Mesos & Marathon.
*and well, if you think a piece of tech will solve a problem, go for it, we’re always eager to learn and you are encouraged to experiment.
- You’ve got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- You’ve worked with micro-services in production.
- You have designed and developed elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
- You think before you code and look at the wider problem we are trying to solve.
- You’re eager to learn and push boundaries, just like we are!
- You are curious by nature and not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- You are comfortable communicating to a wide set of audiences, from technical to non-technical
- You are ready to have impact at scale!
+ If you’ve worked with Ruby and Kafka in production, it’s a plus 🙂