About the client
Siemens Industry Software is the leading partner in test and mechatronic simulation. Through our simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence. Our Romania based offices play a critical role in our R&D software strategy.
Mentor Graphics is part of Siemens Industry Software and here we are crafting the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating outstanding automotive solutions. Our solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most sophisticated applications in AD & ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. We specialize in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the areas of BSP, audio, video, and networking
Join our automotive business team as “Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Audio” and work from our office in Bucharest, Romania. We encourage hybrid work (mix between working from home and meeting the team in the office).
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Definition of software architectures for complex embedded systems in the field of automotive applications;
- Design and development of software optimized to embedded automotive hardware;
- Analysis and optimization of existing software solutions;
- Development of software supporting QNX, Linux and Android OS;
- Test of the software and integration into the software platform;
- Implementation of specifications and documentation of the software;
What do you need to realize what matters?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering or related field;
- Software engineering experience in a C/C++ environment;
- Strong background in the development of middleware Audio components for Linux and ideally also for Android OS in the domain of complex Infotainment systems;
- Solid understanding of low-level audio signal handling;
- Excellent understanding of audio communication protocols such as A2B, AVB, TSNs, RTP, IEEE 802.3;
- Ideally good technical background in Android HAL Audio development and DRM handling;
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong analysis, design and problem-solving skills, along with object-oriented programming experience;
- Experience with programming of x86- or ARM-based microprocessors;
- Proven attention to detail, and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and to work to schedule;
- Strong teammate with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English.
What we offer?
- Meal tickets;
- Christmas, Easter, and summer monetary bonus;
- 13th month salary;
- Medical packages for employee, spouse and children;
- Complex sports package with limitless access for the employee;
- Private pension;
- Annual eyewear compensation;
- Tickets reimbursement for opera, philharmonic, or theater for the employee +1;
- 2 ski passes/month for local resorts in the winter season;
- Growing number of vacation day based on seniority;
- 2 sick leave days per semester for medical unavailability (4 days per semester for parents of small children);
- Compensation for bank holidays which fall on a weekend;
- Trainings, conferences and other educational events access;
- Internal training platform;
- Kit for working from home (desk, chair etc.);
- Gifts for employees and/or children for Easter, June 1st, Christmas etc.