Our client is the global service company of a well-known financial institution that provides solutions in the Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Back Office & Middle Office, Real Estate, Security and Global Sourcing areas. The Company has about 11.000 colleagues and oversees activities in: Austria, Germany, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, plus 2 branches: one located in New York and one in Singapore.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our client project management team in Trade Finance Hub Romania office. First of all, we expect that each project manager is the main responsible person for entrusted set of projects.
This means that he/ she will be leading project teams across different locations and will be delivering projects on Trade Finance Area. This requires to manage the whole project delivery cycle from initiation, planning through monitoring, reporting and finally delivering and managing post go live support.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Learn and adhere to client processes and policies; participate in project management trainings;
- Plan, monitor and report status of entrusted projects to different reporting lines;
- Maintain issue and risk logs, take proactive actions to prevent issues to happen, escalate in time to managers items, which cannot be solved by PM him/herself;
- Coordinate solutions of any critical issues (especially from UAT and production);
- Being a first instance to solve escalations from internal team members, vendors or customers;
- Manage external vendors and their sub-deliveries;
- Collaborate with other teams from business line;
- Plan and manage budget, prepare requested reports.
What we expect from you?
- Proven experience in IT project management of small to medium scale IT projects;
- Experience with IT program / portfolio management is an advantage;
- Ability to represent a project in front of top management and steering committees;
- Knowledge of banking environment is an advantage, and more specifically experience in managing projects for trade area;
- Basic knowledge of enterprise architecture principles;
- Project management certification is advantage (PMI, PMP, PRINCE2);
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken); Italian or German languages might be an advantage.
Personality & Soft Skills:
- Open-minded, structured and result oriented personality;
- Willing to learn new things;
- Pragmatic and problem solving mind;
- Ability to work in challenging environment, “can do” and “extra mile” attitude.