Technology underpins Deutsche Bank’s entire business and is changing and shaping the way we engage, interact and transact with all our stakeholders, both internally and externally. Our Technology, Data and Innovation (TDI) strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernising the bank’s IT infrastructure with long-term investments and taking advantage of cloud computing. But this is only the foundation. We continue to invest and build a team of visionary tech talent who will ensure we thrive in this period of unprecedented change for the industry. It means hiring the right people and giving them the training, freedom and opportunity they need to do pioneering work.
Technology Infrastructure – End User Computing
We are a 576 strong global organisation that designs, delivers and supports technology products at the core of the workplace environment, which directly impact user experience and enable productivity and collaboration.
The Desktop team, within the ‘End User Computing’ division, is responsible for the delivery of the Windows Desktop OS, physical device hardware, and a set of core applications used by all Deutsche Bank staff. The team loosely follows the Spotify Agile model and is structured into delivery teams (squads) that are each accountable for a specific set of technologies. The Desktop Client squad, led by the ‘Technical Product Manager – Desktop OS’ is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of physical devices (Laptops, Desktops, Workstations, Tablets), the Windows OS, GPO, PowerShell, BIOS, Drivers, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, intake of new work, backlog maintenance, tracking, reporting, and successful delivery of these products. They face off to internal clients and stakeholders, maintain vendor relationships, are aware of the direction of travel of their industry, understand the TCO of their products, and work with other Product Managers to drive a cohesive technical strategy for our end users.
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders and translate them into actionable technical specifications;
- Work with SME to estimate the effort and cost to deliver requirements;
- Make technical decisions. Define and publicize a roadmap based around their products and business requirements;
- Monitor work streams and keep stakeholders apprised of progress;
- Maintain vendor relationships and work with procurement and purchasing to enact contracts;
- Engage internal and external auditors as the SPOC into the technical team;
- Stay up to date on product enhancements, competing products, and the industry as a whole;
- Reporting, data analysis, and capacity management based on our production systems;
- Work with a team of product managers, responsible for different technologies, to improve the Product Management Community of Practice.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in a related role (Product Manager, Platform Architect, Senior Engineer, Project Manager) in a global, enterprise-scale environment, preferably in the Financial Services industry;
- Direct in-depth experience with at least some of the listed desktop technologies, with the ability to describe its function, licensing options, and the direction of the industry;
- Experience managing vendor relationships, contracts, and SLA performance;
- Exceptional written and oral English skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and with executive levels;
- Relationship management skills;
- A solid understanding of Agile concepts and best practices;
- Experience with JIRA, and optionally JAMA;
- Deep experience with Excel and reporting technologies;
- Experience with the SDLC.