About the company
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9800 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster.
Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology. Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset.
We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction.
In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team
This is a development focused team. In a Cloud environment the customers expect API first self-service, immediate delivery and complete automation. Thus, our weapons of choice are GoLang, GitOps and CI/CD -not root shells and bash scripts.
We are looking for someone strongly familiar with teams and processes, who will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality. As such, you will also manage recruitment of the team as we grow. This role reports into the Head of Engineering, Platform as a Service.
We are looking for someone passionate about heading one of our PaaS development teams in order to provide excellent products, service and support. This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers, providing coaching and aid in personal growth and development.
- Recruiting, managing and maintaining an excellent engineering team;
- Planning and executing complex technical projects related to PaaS offerings;
- Collaboration with technical leads;
- Contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of PaaS projects;
- Managing software project schedules;
- Maintaining and improving team performance and quality of life;
- Developing processes to improve product performance and quality;
- Ensuring successful product and feature rollouts, as well as reliable operations;
- Creating a healthy team culture and transparent communication;
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings;
- Planning and executing training for the engineering team.
We are currently looking for a colleague to help us further develop these great products:
- Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices;
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers;
- Experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems;
- Domain specific knowledge of Cloud;
- Solid hands-on experience with network operations including complex HA setups;
- Experience in shipping products and coordinating releases with relevant players;
- Experience developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support and product teams;
- Experience with end-to-end quality best practices and their implementation;
- Experience with staffing, interviewing, building and retaining teams;
- Experience conveying complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats;
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes Operators and GoLang is a bonus but not required.
What we offer
- Access to local/international trainings, development and growth opportunities, including e-learning platforms access, covering both technical and soft skills areas;
- Modern technologies, product responsibility;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Full-remote or hybrid work possibility when back to office;
- Medical services package from one of two private providers;
- 25 vacation days per year;
- Substitute days off for public holidays that occur on the weekend;
- Meal tickets;
- Internal referral program;
- Team events, networking events organized to promote a passionate, creative and diverse culture;
- Of course, coffee, soft drinks and fresh fruits are on us in the office.