To be part of Societe Generale European Business Services means to work in a dynamic and active environment where your work has a real impact in the company’s activity.
Our teams work in an Agile mode and are constantly encouraged to collaborate in transversal projects through which they can learn and adapt together in order to contribute to the growth of our center of excellence
The Market Access team is developing and maintaining exchange connectivity and high performance front office systems. All development are leveraging on a common framework developed in Asia, Europe and America.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
- Develop, maintain and enhance high performance applications that enable Societe Generale to trade on various financial markets (e.g. Deutsche Borse, London Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange etc.);
- Study new business & IT requests (understand user needs, suggest solutions etc);
- Be proactive by proposing enhancements from which the business/IT can benefit;
- Offer quality into our software through extensive, automatic testing and continuous development;
- Communicate with Exchanges & Brokers, assess the impact of their system or API changes;
- Continuous technical upgrade of our setup;
- Ensure that the release management/ change management processes are followed;
- Be responsible of the 2nd and 3rd level of support;
- Collaborate with others teams (networking, systems, quality insurance, support, architects, others development teams).
A little about You:
- Strong object-oriented programming skills;
- Strong technical skills in C/C++, LINUX, client server development;
- Strong knowledge on messaging technologies, network protocols (TCP/IP) socket programming, concurrent programming;
- Previous significant experience as a C++ developer (at least 3 years);
- GNU development tools (gcc, gdb, make);
- Python scripting; Bash scripting;
- Source control tools.
We also value:
- Unit testing tools;
- Knowledge of GIT, CVS;
- Cmake, Jira, Jenkins;
- A good combination of rigor, creativity and communication skills;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken with the ability to participate in English-only meetings.