2Checkout (formerly Avangate) is the digital commerce & payments provider that helps companies sell their products and services. Our products are proudly used by HP Software, Kaspersky Lab, BitDefender and 17 000 other clients globally. Our ambitious team is building a successful product, tremendously recognized by 50+ international industry awards. They are currently looking for a Database Administrator in Bucharest.
At 2Checkout we believe that success is achieved by teams that work hard, think smart, and dream big. As part of our team you’ll work in a friendly and fast-paced environment, where ideas are encouraged, and people are passionate about their work. Working at 2Checkout is an exciting challenge that grows your career while having lots of fun.
Interested in joining the team?
We are growing our Infrastructure team in Romania, so we are hiring a Database Administrator who will work closely with application and solution architects to design data services that are scalable, reliable and highly available to customers and internal business users. This position will be also responsible for the day-to-day production MySQL database administration tasks including maintenance, troubleshooting, scaling, tuning, optimization, installation, upgrades, backup/recovery, and data migration across multiple data centers and multiple database server architectures/systems.
What you’ll do as a Database Administrator:
- Perform throughput and capacity analysis;
- Review and approve database changes;
- Advise development team regarding best RDBMS practices and patterns;
- Define, implement, and manage replication, backup and failover procedures;
- Optimize our existing applications SQL and related schemas;
- Maintain and synchronize database schemas between environments;
- Troubleshoot and resolve production database issues;
- Ensure the ongoing performance, security, and availability of databases;
- Profile server resource usage, optimizing and tweaking as necessary;
- Maintain database design/release documentation.
What you need to apply:
- Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant data management systems in a dynamic environment;
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM, and the caveats of each;
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend existing complex systems infrastructures;
- Current knowledge of industry trends and technology advancements in data management;
- Ability to clearly articulate business and technical issues with senior management, peers, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners);
- Strong administration skills with Linux;
- Strong experience identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks through the optimization of schemas and queries;
- 5+ years of dba experience, with at least 2 with MySQL or derivatives;
- Expert knowledge in maintaining, building, supporting, tuning, and monitoring production MySQL database servers;
- High proficiency in all aspects of database administration, including backup/recovery/replication, clustering, advanced performance tuning, and proactive monitoring;
- Strong understanding of data locking concepts and the different levels of locking in MySQL;
- Readiness to support environments remotely while on on-call;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Good analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Effective organizational skills;
- Very good documentation skills.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- International work environment in an exciting growth phase;
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus;
- Training and individual development plan;
- Flexible business hours and work from home;
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks like: meal tickets, public transportation refund, travel, various gym subscriptions with 50% discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc;
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from);
- Bookster subscription;
- Fruits & coffee at the office.