At nShift we are creating a new category leader for parcel delivery management software. We are already the #1 SaaS company in Europe in this category with high double digit million in annual revenue and 30% profitability. Our strongest markets are the Nordics and we are rapidly expanding in the UK, Benelux, France and German speaking markets.
We are on an aggressive growth plan backed by our owners, Marlin Partners and San Francisco Partners, 2 of the leading technology investment firms in the world. We already have a presence in Romania with 80+ developers and a beautiful office.
We are looking for new team members to a couple of teams for future expansion into new markets and customers.
- Build cutting edge products that bring the joy to a better and more creative work place.
- You’ll be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, testing and deployment in accordance with the company guidelines concerning coding, architecture and infrastructure (our tech vision and minimum quality guidelines).
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and QA/Testers to solve problems as well as assisting stakeholders in addressing technical aspects of requirements.
- Deliver qualitative-, cost efficient- and scalable code. This means that you strive to produce simple and reusable code.
- Keep up with new technologies and proactively suggest improvements for future development.
- Ensure a consensus around requirements within the project members and that the products are built accordingly to our definition of done.
- Frontend: Ensure that we have a natural competence development in the area. Holding educations and being responsible for a competence forum.
Activities with typical deliverables:
- To produce a well-tested software product version, accordingly to our definition of done and in compliance with the requirements, ready for configuration and deployment to production by our installation team.
- To produce and maintain platform specific coding guidelines and best practices. This includes educating your team members in this material.
- As a developer you are expected to deliver simple and self-descriptive-, robust- and scalable code.
- To produce project- and technology related documentation.
- Development of automated deployment scripts for a safe and controlled rollout of the new software version to a specific market or customer.
- Together with the team, you break down user stories to technical tasks.
Backend Engineer skills:
- As a person you are structured and thorough.
- You are a team player with good communication skills.
- You have a positive and solution-oriented approach to problems and challenges.
- Extensive experience from backend development in Java.
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented development and modeling.
- Experience working with common frameworks applicable to the platform, for example Spring Boot or Core, JPA/Hibernate, Swagger, Maven etc.
- Experience working with relational and document databases.
- Knowledge from software architecture, microservices, Docker or continuous delivery is a great plus.