We are looking for a Senior AEM System Administrator to join our CIO CEE team, who will be in charge for an entrusted set of processes. The AEM Administrator, within CEE Digital Channels team of professionals, is primarily liable and accountable for the Adobe Experience Manager running on Linux/Windows OS but not only.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Adobe Experience Manager/CQ application installation and configuration on WINDOWS/LINUX OS, platform and dispatcher configurations, deployment of modules, monitoring of servers, front-end and back-end performance and functionality;
- Troubleshooting common AEM related issues;
- Maintain/update components, templates, dialogs, and workflows;
- Knowledge of automating deployment and management of AEM services;
- Administration activities: user creation/roles/permissions, LDAP synchronization, sling setting status, audit reports, code and configuration management, maven, Jenkins, monitoring instance status, bundle status, jcr repository, sling, felix/osgi, slightly, components, templates, servlets, workflows, eclipse.
- Collaborate with the application owner for the resolution of various issues and with the application team, prepare, and execute the release in QA and Production environments;
- Create ad-hoc scripts for various needs / requirements;
- Communicate/create awareness about new AEM software releases, evaluate and install patches and new vendor supplied products/components;
- Provide guidance for all issues concerning the application and to development teams about system architecture on how to use AEM at its potential;
- Track version history of application, timeline for sunset/end of life and plan upgrades accordingly;
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation (wiki).
What we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s degree and/or work experience in similar role;
- 5+ years’ experience in software application administration/maintenance;
- 3+ years’ experience hands-on AEM(CQ) administration;
- Programming languages knowledge is a plus (java, java script, other);
- Troubleshooting and sys admin skills;
- Good sense of ownership and accountability to delivering quality outcomes that balance technical and business goals;
- Experience with ticket-tracking system.
- Personality & Soft Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Structured, problem solving and results oriented personality;
- Able to work in challenging multicultural environment.
Our offer to you?
- Flexible working hours;
- The possibility of working remote 2 days/ week;
- Professional but still friendly work environment;
- Access to benefits platform with a yearly budget that you will be able to use choosing the benefits that suits you most;
- Healthcare services from one of providers of your choice (3 potential options);
- Holidays based on your working experience (21 up to 25 days);
- Career in a leading international banking group, built on the diversity of its strong local roots;
- Dynamic and multinational environment, full of growing opportunities;
- Enhance knowledge and skills, setting solid foundations for a professional development in the IT area of the financial industry.