DB Global Technology develops cutting-edge software applications for the Deutsche Bank’s global operations and represents a platform for highly skilled software engineers. The team members specialize in Software Application Development, IT Architecture, Quality Assurance and Testing, Functional/Business Analysis and Project Management.
About FIC Technology
FIC is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help build the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Fixed Income & Currencies brings together a top-ranked institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise across Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Emerging Markets. The Fixed Income & Currencies business enables Deutsche Bank to respond to increasing automation, regulatory expectations and client demand for standardization and transparency in execution across fixed income, currency and emerging markets.
We’re looking for a Java Developer to design and develop application code, in response to business requirements and problem tickets.
Components will be defined and implemented in close collaboration with Treasury business and the Treasury IT team. The workflow comprises the delivery of interfaces to/ between the existing product instances, production support teams.
In your role you will:
- Design, develop and document Java based software components for Treasury Issuance Platform-i-TAP;
- Complete and elaborate technical software design (high level design) in accordance with solution(s) standards;
- Participate in design/code reviews and resolve findings in reviews (4 eyes principle) of developed source code;
- Identify dependencies between software product components, between technical components and between applications and interfaces;
- Measure and analyze code for quality;
- Ensure that all code changes are tracked and recorded through the groups change management process and that development is scheduled and approved;
- Capture build and deployment notes, develop software product deployment & operating instructions;
- Collaborate with functional analysts and technical specialists to complete work;
- Ensure adequate and accurate documentation at various stages of work in accordance with SDLC documentation requirements.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Junit;
- Messaging Technology and Tools: JMS or comparable low latency systems;
- Database Technologies: Oracle/Sybase, SQL and T-SQL;
- Experience with RESTful Web Services;
- Experience of working in an agile team as well as globally distributed project team;
- Experience in source code management, continuous build and integration technologies and hands-on experience with resp. tools, e.g.;
- Perforce/Subversion/GIT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/Teamcity, ANT, UrbanCode Deploy.
Your Soft Skills:
- Ability to write high quality code according to DB standards;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to solve production problems;
- Hands‐on contributor;
- You keep pace with technical innovation;
- Strong interfacing with other groups (global team), i.e. on the infrastructure, application, business layer is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in computer science or software engineering – (or equivalent diploma/work experience);
- 3-5 years of work experience in IT;
- 3+ years of application developer experience.