The UNIX Support Team is searching for a candidate who is proficient within a Linux (SLES, RHEL), Solaris and AIX environment.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within system administration at Level 3 proficiency, along with knowledge of physical infrastructure and hardware such as HP ProLiant DL360/380/560/580 G7/8/9/10) and Synergy series. VMware and GCP is a plus. The candidate will provide dedicated UNIX support for our global UNIX estate.
We are looking for a good communicator and a problem-solving individual. Responsibility will also include covering all stages of server lifecycle & productionisation – Planning, Design, Deployment, Activation, Vendor Management; The candidate will provide support to various application platforms across different business lines.
UNIX Systems Administrator Key Responsibilities
- Provide support to all “Change the Bank” and “Run the Bank” activities for Unix infrastructure;
- Manage various ticket systems;
- Advanced system tunings to application specific requirements. Systems standardization and automation;
- Support UNIX environment compliance with the technology roadmap, such as OS & hardware upgrades, 3rd party software upgrades, etc;
- Rapid response to incidents and clients;
- Work closely with UNIX engineering and third party vendor to explore new technologies for the business;
- Plan and perform technical refresh of the UNIX infrastructure;
- Work with project delivery teams on various projects for new infrastructure;
- Interface with IT and business clients at all levels of the organization;
- Perform standard OS Upgrades;
- Participate in our follow-the-sun model (including weekend support): Unix team provides round the clock coverage;
- Some out of hours and weekend work will be required to comply with applicable change windows.
- Extensive of experience with Linux (SLES or RHEL) and also UNIX (Solaris). AIX a plus;
- Extensive of experience with systems administration: upgrades, patching and configuration Management, performance management, troubleshooting, analysis and capacity planning;
- Knowledge of advanced Linux Kernel tuning and optimization, systems performance hierarchy principles, BIOS configurations and tunings;
- Experience of Server hardware, CPU technology, IO subsystem, Fabric Switches, various Ethernet hardware;
- Strong skills in TCP/IP Networking & advanced network tuning, network topology and Firewalled environment;
- Full understanding the principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of Consistent network-wide file system layout, Ethernet, bonding, PCIe Technologies;
- Knowledge and strong working experience with various protocols & services: NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, UDP, IGMP, FTP, SFTP, TFTP, NTP, SSH;
- Experience installing layered products in a timely fashion, analyzing & troubleshooting complex systems and familiarity with ITSM procedures;
- Skill set of storage technologies: EMC, HP MSA, and DDN, with replication technologies;
- Experience in Perl and Shell scripting writing scripts to automate various tasks;
- Experience in configuration automation using Ansible;
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to work in a highly pressurized, dynamic, multitask environment.