As a VBA Developer you will work for Societe Generale European Business Services in a dynamic and active environment where your work has a real impact in their activity.
Our teams work in an Agile mode and are constantly encouraged to collaborate in transversal projects through which they can learn and adapt together to contribute to the growth of our excellence center. This is why they are looking for a VBA Developer for a full-time job in Bucharest.
Within the Société Générale Group, you will join the Business Solution Center (BSC), which is a shared services center and is part of the Société Générale Group’s Resources and Innovation Department (RESG).
Your role as a VBA Developer in a Nutshell:
- Application maintenance in response to technical evolutions in related applications or business change requests from the users;
- Monitoring and adapting the code as requested in various requests (technical specifications, performance, security); these interventions will be managed in project mode (agile or V-cycle) or maintenance mode;
- Improvement solutions/ plans – in accordance with the development standards and architectural rules of the group;
- Contribute on the different project phases (opportunity study, framing, analysis and design, functional validation, change management) as a project resource;
- Contribute to the definition of tactical tools solutions and assess impact in line with BSC/FIN framework;
- Develop tactical tools solutions to different clients’ requests using mainly VBA and Power BI;
- Ensure proper documentation of all solutions developed and released in production;
- Overall responsible for following entire software development lifecycle (functional and technical specifications, developments, IT testing, production deployment and support) for tactical tools;
- Ensure that internal tools are up to date and the established convention are followed-up and respected;
- Identify, write, validate test cases and perform IT testing;
- Ensure very good communication with internal / external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate
A Little About You:
- Minimum 2 years of IT application development in VBA (classes);
- Reporting development experience with Data Visualization tools (PowerBI, ClickView, Tableau);
- Knowledge of development tools such as Git, Jira;
- Good understanding of IT projects methodology – understanding of business and functional specifications, testing;
- IT knowledge – bachelor’s degree in computer science studies or equivalent;
- Good level of English, French is a plus;
We Also Value
- Responsible attitude and strong commitment in fulfilling the mission;
- Strong autonomy and reactivity given the short deadlines in which the changes could be requested;
- Cooperation and team spirit.