About the client
Technology Infrastructure – End User Computing
We are a 576 strong global organisation that designs, delivers and supports technology products at the core of the workplace environment, which directly impact user experience and enable productivity and collaboration.
The Desktop team, within the ‘End User Computing’ division, is responsible for the delivery of the Windows Desktop OS, physical device hardware, and a set of core applications used by all Deutsche Bank staff. The team loosely follows the Spotify Agile model and is structured into delivery teams (squads) that are each accountable for a specific set of technologies.
The Systems Management squad design and engineer the MECM and Intune support infrastructure that delivers applications, patching, and configuration to the banks desktop endpoints. The MECM Engineer owns, designs and maintains all aspects of the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager environment which includes: security architecture, role based access, server infrastructure, administrative console, boundaries, client settings, software/hardware inventory, software distribution, patching, imaging, reporting, health monitoring and alerting.
The role is a subject matter expert for a global implementation consisting of a central CAS server, 10+ primaries and 100+ distribution points that serve more than 150k devices in 72 countries. Please note that we are not looking for support staff, but for resources that are able to perform day-to-day design and engineering tasks.
- As a member of the Systems Management squad the candidate will provide Config Manager as a framework and service utilized by other engineering, testing and release management teams;
- Liase with Microsoft, other software vendors, and internal teams to understand product lifecycles, security updates and other releases;
- Define standards and roadmaps for Config Manager;
- Test, schedule, perform, and oversee upgrades to new versions of Config Manager;
- Engineer key integration aspects of associated infrastructure management components (AD configuration, Group Policy, Service Now, QlickView, etc.);
- Monitor and support SQL server and database health;
- Author, automate, and schedule custom SQL reports when required;
- Define and implement monitoring criteria for Config Manager platform health, defining mitigation and resolution of problems, working in with Operational support teams;
- Assess and engineer Config Manager service enhancement requests (e.g. inventory, compliance, reporting, etc.);
- Assist with training other associates on services and functions of Config Manager;
- Build relationships with internal IT teams such as networks, quality assurance, project management and operational support to partner on server and desktop upgrades, software distribution, and patching;
- Providing other IT infrastructure teams with relevant communication and documentation throughout all aspects of implementation, change controls and maintenance;
- Creation and submission of required documentation, metrics and reports associated with all Config Manager services and features;
- Third level support for Configuratoin Manager, including:
- Coordinate with operational support teams on open issues and investigations,
- Issue escalation to software vendors when appropriate,
- Develop fixes and updates with appropriate documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of lead engineer level experience including:
- Ownership of central applications in an enterprise environment,
- Configuration of MECM in a Multilanguage, globally diverse environment.
Candidates must have a superior work ethic and be highly articulate and persuasive communicators, with strong collaboration and teamwork skills and a proven ability to manage the delivery of innovative solutions to a large, geographically diverse global enterprise.
- Expert knowledge of Config Manager console, services, features and functions;
- SQL Query Authoring;
- Powershell, vbScript and Windows command line;
- Wide technical knowledge of Microsoft client Operating Systems including Windows 7, 8 & 10 and their use in global enterprise environments;
- Understanding of application packaging technologies used in corporate environments including .MSI and App-V;
- Understanding of LAN/WAN communication structure and technologies;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Patch release cycle and patch deployment methodologies;
- Ability to produce concise and clear technical documentation and reports.
- SQL Performance Analysis;
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM);
- System Center Orchestrator;
- System Center End Point Protection (SCEP);
- Windows Server performance analysis and troubleshooting.